Charitable Gift Annuity
A charitable gift annuity is a gift made to The Ohio University Foundation that can provide you with a secure source of fixed payments for life.
Benefits of a charitable gift annuity
- Receive fixed payments to you or another annuitant you designate for life
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction for the charitable gift portion of the annuity
- Partial bypass of capital gains tax on contributed assets
- Benefit from payments that may be partially tax-free
- Designate the remainder to further the mission of Ohio University
How a charitable gift annuity works
- Complete a short agreement with The Ohio University Foundation
- Transfer cash or publicly traded securities to The Ohio University Foundation.
- In exchange, we promise to pay fixed payments to you for life. The payout rate is based on your age, and a portion of your income may be tax-free.
- You will receive a charitable income tax deduction, and a partial bypass capital gain tax, for the gift portion of the annuity.
If you decide to fund your gift annuity with cash, a significant portion of the annuity payment will be tax-free. You may also make a gift of appreciated securities to fund a gift annuity and avoid a portion of the capital gains tax.
If you have any questions about charitable gift annuities, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer your questions.