You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the 50% deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
Contact usPlease visit http://www.ohio.edu/alumni/newsletter-images/PlannedGiving/Steps-IRA-Rollover_121814.pdf for detailed instructions on how to make a transfer from your IRA to The Ohio University Foundation.
An IRA rollover is a simple and easy way for you to use your IRA to help Ohio University fulfill our mission of becoming the best student-centered learning experience in America, while also enjoying valuable tax savings this year.
Executive Director of Development, Gift Planning
206 McGuffey Hall
Athens, OH 45701
740-597-1819 | firstname.lastname@example.org | ohiolegacy.org